Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you only do hair and makeup for weddings?
- Although I specialize in bridal hair and makeup, I also provide makeup services for all types of media and events including head shots, engagement shoots, maternity, boudoir sessions, print work, video, and private parties.
2. Can you do makeup on all ethnicities?
- Yes, I can and have done makeup for a wide variety of skin tones from the deepest to the fairest skin tone. Moreover, as many are concerned with a “clown look” result when getting their makeup done, I have been requested by numerous Asian clients for my services as I am highly skilled in enhancing Asian eyes.
3. Which brands of makeup do you use?
- I use a variety of professional makeup products from world renowned brands such as Makeup Forever, Urban Decay, Stila, Bobbi Brown, OCC, Kevin Aucoin and Laura Mercier. With the overwhelming amount of cosmetic products available today, I stay up-to-date and research on the best products available for my clients' makeup needs. In addition, I am committed to first handedly testing the product before applying it on any of my clients. Not only, one of the best parts about being a professional makeup artist is the vast amount of knowledge I can and do acquire from makeup shows and workshops where the latest professional products are showcased.
4. I have allergies to certain types of makeup. Can you work with my products?
- YES! I completely understand allergies and skin sensitivities to certain makeup products and will welcome using your own products for application.
5. What is airbrush foundation?
- Airbrush foundation is a unique formula of foundation that is high in coverage and thin in texture. The foundation is applied through an airbrush gun in micro fine layers. This creates an appearance of a more natural and pure look. The benefit of an airbrush foundation application are the long lasting durability, even consistency, looks beautiful on camera, and will not rub off onto the groom!
6. What should I do if I do not like the makeup/hair or certain parts of it?
- I ask and welcome all of my clients to be open and to speak comfortably with me about their concerns regarding their makeup application/hairstyle. I completely understand that each individual has his/her own preference regarding their appearance. I am very open minded, understanding, and would appreciate your honesty. I want you to look and feel your very best! I am not satisfied until you are.
7. How far in advance of my wedding should I book a hair and makeup artist?
- Typically, brides will book about 3 to 6 months prior to their wedding date. The earliest is one year in advance. I would recommend you to book a makeup artist closer to your wedding date as you may have a better idea of your desired hair and makeup look by that time.
8. How do I officially book you for my wedding?
- I require a $110 non-refundable deposit fee along with a signed contract sent to the mailing address provided via our communication.
9. Do you charge any travel fees?
- For the day of the event, the first 25 miles are complimentary. Any additional miles are $1.00 per mile round trip. Travel is free for trial sessions located within Anaheim, CA. Trial sessions located outside of Anaheim will result in 0.53 cents per mile from my location.
10. What forms of payment do you accept?
- I accept cash, check, money order, PayPal, Venmo and credit card. Please note that there is a 2.7% convenience fee for PayPal and credit card transactions.
11. Do you recommend a hair and makeup trial before my wedding?
- Although not required, I would highly recommend a hair and makeup trial so that you can truly test the makeup and the hair’s longevity throughout the day. I believe my brides are less stressed when they know exactly what they will be getting on their wedding day. I've seen it! Remember that your wedding day is a very special day and we want to make sure that you look and feel your best!
12. Where and when do you do makeup and hair trials?
- Appointments are scheduled according to availability during the weekdays and weekends.
- All trial sessions are on location. Meaning, I travel to you.
13: Do you need anything during the trial session?
- It would be ideal to have table space, a chair and natural lighting.
14. How long does a trial session take?
- Please allow 2 hours for a hair and makeup trial session. If hair and/or makeup changes need to be made after seeing the final look, additional time may be required.
15. What can I expect in my hair and makeup trial?
- During your makeup trial, we will discuss what your vision is for how you would like to look on your wedding day from your hair and your makeup, including any other concerns you may have. Based on our consultation, I will provide you with a direction that will complement you on looking your very best on your special day. This trial session is the best time for us to address your concerns and make any necessary changes. Honesty will be greatly appreciated.
16. What should I bring with me to my trial session?
- I recommend you to bring pictures of 1-2 makeup looks and hairstyles that you love and do not love, any hair accessories, your veil, if available, and a fun attitude ready to be made up!
17. How many people in the bridal party can you accommodate?
- Depending on hair and makeup services requested, I can accommodate most and all wedding parties. We can discuss this further during your hair and makeup trial.
18. How long does each hair and makeup application take?
- For the bride, I set aside at least 2 hours for hair and makeup application. For bridesmaids and other adults, I schedule at least 45 minutes per hair or makeup service. For example, if you have two bridesmaids and both require hair and makeup service, I will schedule 90 minutes per bridesmaid. Please note that we may go over the allotted time depending on individual hair length and thickness of hair.
If you did not find an answer to your question, please contact me at email@example.com! Thank you!